Drop Spindle Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up all,I just installed Belltech 2'' drop spindles,I just cant seem to get it adjusted where I like it.The rear is 35'' from the ground to the bottom edge of the Quarter,and the front is 34'' from the ground to the bottom edge of the fender.Eveything is the same around and looks good,My problem is when I turn and brake,or turn and hit some bumps,like when you turn into a driveway my tire hits the top of the fender The front is slightly to low and my adjustment on the torsion key on the driver side is almost all the way in where my passenger side has alot more adjustment left,I would like to raise it another half inch but I cant due to the driver side with no adjustment left.I was wondering if I mixed up the keyways I had the ground force keyways before the spindles .Did you cut your bump stops,where mine sits know it looks like it would sit on a full bump stop,mine are cut in half from the before ground force kit,any help or suggestions would be great Thanks!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Do you still have the Ground Force keys in or did you re-install the factory keys? The stock keys are going to allow you to raise it up a little more. If you are keeping in the aftermarket keys, the only suggestion I can make is to find a slightly longer bolt. Just make sure the thread pitch and grade is the same, of course.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you still have the Ground Force keys in or did you re-install the factory keys? The stock keys are going to allow you to raise it up a little more. If you are keeping in the aftermarket keys, the only suggestion I can make is to find a slightly longer bolt. Just make sure the thread pitch and grade is the same, of course.

Hey JK thanks for the feedback,I was able to fix it today,for some reason I have alot more adjustment on the pass side,so when I adjusted it the bolt on the driver side was 3/4 the way in,where the pass side was 1/4 the way in and that is with the stock keys,so I put a ground force key in the pass side to hide more bolt into the keyway.The driver side I left stock and cranked the bolt almost all the way in, and then cranked the pass side in with just a couple of threads to spare.I was able to get both sides even with clearance.I seen your ride it also looks low,did you cut your bump stops?,I was wondering on putting full bump stops back in to keep the front from slamming down on hard braking,but it might just sit on them.You have your tahoe looking sweet,sits nice and good selection for the wheels:thumbsup:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Glad to hear you solved your problem. I trimmed my bumpstops some, about halfway. If they are too long, the suspension won't have much room for travel and you'll end up with a bouncy ride. If you think you cut yours too short, then you can start with some new ones and trim away a little at a time till you think it rides ok.
And thnx for the comments:thumbsup: . Have you posted any pics of your ride yet? I'd like to see some. Especially of the S'charger set up. Once I get my new brake set-up, I'm going to be looking into a 'charger for mine.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you solved your problem. I trimmed my bumpstops some, about halfway. If they are too long, the suspension won't have much room for travel and you'll end up with a bouncy ride. If you think you cut yours too short, then you can start with some new ones and trim away a little at a time till you think it rides ok.
And thnx for the comments:thumbsup: . Have you posted any pics of your ride yet? I'd like to see some. Especially of the S'charger set up. Once I get my new brake set-up, I'm going to be looking into a 'charger for mine.

I will def post some pics,thanks for advice on the bump stops i will try that,when I get some time I will take some pics maybe tomorrow I will take pics of the whole setup,If you need some advice on a charger let me know Im on my second one.