Whats makes the Z71 Special?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boblasek

Reaction score
Well i bought my 2002 Z71 about a week ago and i know aesthetically its different but what makes it better (OR WORSE) than the other models?

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has the Z71 suspension and is more capable than the other Tahoe trims.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 2007, which is what I have, the chrome accents looks one million times better (IMHO) than the woodgrain. I actually liked the ride better and it sits a little higher than the other models. Plus I like the fact that in my area (outside of Chicago) there just aren't that many Z71s around! A ton on the LTZs so I like the fact that mine is a little more unique. And of course, I like the looks I get too from other Tahoe drivers!

Just my $.02

Roody

Reaction score
Looks better, interior is a little nicer, etc. Looks more of an off-roader than soccer mom SUV.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only seen maybe 1 or 2 of the new 07 Z71 models in my area, they are almost rare here. I see more Ferraris here than I 07 Z71s. But I do see a large amount of the older style Z71s.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i bought my 2002 Z71 about a week ago and i know aesthetically its different but what makes it better (OR WORSE) than the other models?

Great suspension, skid plates, and if you need 4wd the autolocking rear dif is a must.
The Z71 is not necessarily better unless you go off road. Looks is a question of taste.