AC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that when the AC is on i can feel a vibration coming from the passenger side engine area. its not a heavy shake me around type of vibration but i can def feel it through the steering wheel and it is really only noticeable when idleing. is this normal? if noy anythy thoughts? thanks for the input

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that when the AC is on i can feel a vibration coming from the passenger side engine area. its not a heavy shake me around type of vibration but i can def feel it through the steering wheel and it is really only noticeable when idleing. is this normal? if noy anythy thoughts? thanks for the input

I would say its just your a/c compressor kicking on and off.As long as your ac is cold everything should be normal.Yeah I feel mine too but my idle is a little to low I have to try and get it adjusted I have fly by wire,I think it has to be adjusted by a pcm.The tahoe has a cable,and is easily adjusted.Im not sure what the idle is supposed to be but with a slightly higher idle you might not feel that vibration as much.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Whipple1, it is probably just the compressor kicking on and off, the same thing happens with mine, and I had the dealer look at it, and they couldn't find a problem. :Chevy:

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do I, except for one minor detail; Tahoes come with either the ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) or the throttle cable, depending upon trim.:)

I have two friends one with a 2002 tahoe and one with a 02 suburban and they both have cable,I guess I was assuming they all had cable.My truck is an 02 and has the (ETC) I guess they changed it in the newer years.

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok good to hear there is no problems. i have only owned the truck for just about 2 months now and am still figuring out what noises are normal. thanks for the help

STREETutilityVEHICLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine also does this... i have an 03 and it's electronic not cable, i think they switched over in 03, not sure tho.... and my idle is also low, so could have something to do w/ that:cool:

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine also does this... i have an 03 and it's electronic not cable, i think they switched over in 03, not sure tho.... and my idle is also low, so could have something to do w/ that:cool:

Im going to try to raise my idle ,my friend works for gm so I will ask him if it can be done,I do know that it has to be raised through the computer,I will post if I find out.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I have two friends one with a 2002 tahoe and one with a 02 suburban and they both have cable,I guess I was assuming they all had cable.My truck is an 02 and has the (ETC) I guess they changed it in the newer years.

I don't know exactly how GM packaged in the ETC with the different trim levels. My 01 has the ETC. My brother's girlfriend's 01 has the ETC. Both are LT models, so maybe it was only used in the LT trim. I'd like to know, so I will do some research and let everyone know.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man this is Ironic, I give advice on this column and its one of the hottest days its ever been in my area and my AC chooses this F-ing day to quit!! O well at least I can imagine what its like to sit 110 degrees and freezing my ass off in a new Tahoe!! Until I open my eyes :(:(:(:(:(:(