HID's on 2007 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uvamack

Reaction score
I was at the dealer today and the service manager was admiring my HID's. He also told me that GM has a bulletin out regarding people putting HID's in the Yukon. Basically stating that there have been instances where the outer plastic on the headlamps can get damaged from the excessive heat. And if damage does occur, replacement wouldn't be covered under warranty. He said the problem is people running the DRL's, so in turn the HID's are running all the time since it is a H13 bulb. He said either disable the DRL's which I assume can be done just by pulling the fuses, right? I noticed there is a Daytime Running light and a Daytime Running light 2 fuse, so I pulled them both and will test it out tomorrow. Fuses 30 & 32. I assume one is for one driver light and the other is for the passenger, correct? He said you can always just turn the knob to the far left which turns off the lights, which can be used during the day.

I would love to hear other people's opinion's on this topic. Thanks

Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know if those fuses do the trick and don't disable anything we don't want to disable or lose any other functionality. I'd like to lose the DRLs as well. I've been just flicking the knob to the left to turn 'em off, but it'd be nice to not have to do that. However, I have not noticed any excessive heat just coming off the beams per se, so I'd be interested in hearing more about this TSB.

uvamack

Reaction score
I removed both fuses, Daytime Running light (Fuse 30) and Daytime Running light 2 (32) and that was the trick. DRL's are gone, and the Auto feature still works at night for the HID's.

heatnjax

Reaction score
Could you please post what type of HID you are using with parts numbers would be greatly appreciated. Also, how is your overall experience with the HID ? love it or its ok ?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings. Link is in my sig below. I LOVE THEM!!!! Wouldn't drive a vehicle without them from now on -- highly recommended. McCulloch kit seems very good so far. Call them over at ultrabrightlights.com tomorrow during west coast business hours, and ask for a discount because your pals on the Tahoe/Yukon forum recommended you to them -- Danny will probably hook you up.