Wheel interchangability.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, as long as the number of lugs is the same. I am running 2000+ wheels on my 97. See pic...

Tahoe1large.jpg

Last edited:

jetfxr27

Reaction score
Looks good. I get yes and no from everyone I ask. I guess I'll just buy a set and try them myself!

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all 6 lug truck patterns from GM are the same. i got 17x7.5 wheels off of a 2004 z71 (the flat 5 spoke design) on my 1997 2 door. they look and fit great!

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all 6 lug truck patterns from GM are the same. i got 17x7.5 wheels off of a 2004 z71 (the flat 5 spoke design) on my 1997 2 door. they look and fit great!

Actually, that is not entirely true. While the 6 lug patterns are the same, the offset is different on older models. Not sure what the cutoff year for Tahoe's/K5 Blazer's is (I think it's 1991 and later), but for GM pickups, all pre 1988 models use a low or zero offset wheel. Everything after that uses a high offset wheel, like on fwd cars. If you try to use low or zero offset wheels on a post 1987 pickup, then the tires will extend outside the wheel wells. I have seen some people run these, but I think it looks weird. Not to mention that in some states it is illegal for the tires to stick out of the wheel wells. But you are correct for everything after that being the same.