99 Yukon SLE bad limited slip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calponte

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? It's a loud clunking noise and it's not the yoke from the drive shaft. Im pretty sure the limited slip carrier clutches are wasted.

Any input would be great

Thanks

calponte

Reaction score
Bit more explanation. when you spin the left or right wheel it will take probably a full revolution for the opposing wheel to start to turn, then making a big clunk.

Black96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
willamsport PA (college) souderton Pa ( home)
yeah i would check that out, ive gone through two rears, one i would hear a hum as i drive down the highway over 55, then nest i burnt out and the carrier was wasted, it was burned and the gear oil was black, also the retainer pin was slit and pushed out a bit, and that could be it, ur gears might be lose and moving around in there

this is the one that the bearing shaft broke off, but my other lost the shaft that holds the gears in when i burnt it out and yes your clutch could be burnt out and making that nosie cause mine was making that noise

does it make any noise when stoping and going?

Attachments

• DSC00490.JPG
    DSC00490.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00491.JPG
    DSC00491.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 8