For those that have 24" rims...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JC150

Reaction score
What size tire to you use? I have 22's and I'm thinking of upgrading to 24's. And I'm probably going to keep it at stock height.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I have 305/35/24 on 10" wide wheels. No problems with rubbing when I had it stock height, but it's going to depend on the backspacing of the wheels you choose.

Barzten1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just got our 24's a couple weeks ago. They rub a little when taking a turn on a slope or a hill. Not enough to really bug. If anything braking performance was most affected.

JC150

Reaction score
isn't a 35 series a bit thin? while driving around does the ride feel rough? since i was going to keep it at stock hight, i was wondering if a 40-45 series might work without rubbing

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
isn't a 35 series a bit thin? while driving around does the ride feel rough? since i was going to keep it at stock hight, i was wondering if a 40-45 series might work without rubbing

The sidewall is a little stiffer, but ride quality did not suffer much at all. Still a decent ride; much better than I expected. If you go with a higher sidewall ratio, you may run into problems with the tire rubbing on the inner fenders, especially in tight lock-to-lock turns. And the ride quality difference between 35 and 40 isn't going to be enough to really notice.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sidewall is a little stiffer, but ride quality did not suffer much at all. Still a decent ride; much better than I expected. If you go with a higher sidewall ratio, you may run into problems with the tire rubbing on the inner fenders, especially in tight lock-to-lock turns. And the ride quality difference between 35 and 40 isn't going to be enough to really notice.

Hey JK I have 23s and my driver side tire rubs on the inner well,it actually rubbed through the fender well,only on a hard lock to lock turn and more in reverse,was wondering if its going to get worse with 24'' wheels. Just like you said if you go higher with the tire size it will rub.Jk can you measure the height of your 24s I would like to compare them with the 23 inch tires.Thanks!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Hey JK I have 23s and my driver side tire rubs on the inner well,it actually rubbed through the fender well,only on a hard lock to lock turn and more in reverse,was wondering if its going to get worse with 24'' wheels. Just like you said if you go higher with the tire size it will rub.Jk can you measure the height of your 24s I would like to compare them with the 23 inch tires.Thanks!

Overall diameter is right at 32". Width from sidewall to sidewall is 12". Backspacing of the wheel is about 6.5".

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall diameter is right at 32". Width from sidewall to sidewall is 12". Backspacing of the wheel is about 6.5".

Thanks,I think mines right at 32 not sure but will remeasure when I get her back,Not sure how to measure the backspacing,my guess would be from the back of the hub to the backside edge of the wheel?Thanks again:patriot:

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire brand also has a big impact on ride quality. I have TOYOs on mine. 285 40 24s. I have ridden on tahoes with 35s on Falkens and they felt like you were on all rim. Mine feels pretty smooth. Its stock height. The wheels would look bigger and the truck would look tougher if i lowered it but I drive it everywhere and im better off leaving it at stock height. They rub very little only when im backing up and i turn the wheels all the way. Here's a picture...

Attachments

• 24s.JPG
    24s.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 41

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, definately go with Toyo tires, they are the best all around. I have the Open Country A/Ts on my Tahoe, the Toyo Proxes on My Golf, and I'm about to get some Open Country M/Ts to replace the A/Ts for winter. My friend has the Toyo Proxes on his Denali which is sittin on 26s believe it or not, and it rides great!! You don't even know that there is almost no sidewall! :Chevy:

Last edited:

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire brand also has a big impact on ride quality. I have TOYOs on mine. 285 40 24s. I have ridden on tahoes with 35s on Falkens and they felt like you were on all rim. Mine feels pretty smooth. Its stock height. The wheels would look bigger and the truck would look tougher if i lowered it but I drive it everywhere and im better off leaving it at stock height. They rub very little only when im backing up and i turn the wheels all the way. Here's a picture...

I agree that tires make a diffence,I had NITTO's and now I have Hankkooks and the nitto's were definatly better,I will try pirelli or the toyos next,I went with hankooks because they were cheap,my rims are trashed looking for new rims.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just in my friends Denali with the 26's and I made it a point to remeber how the ride felt, and with the Toyo Proxes on their I didn't even feel a difference, even over the Sh*tty California roads. I would definately recommend Toyos over anything, don't know about the Pirellis tho, Pirellis are nice tires, but they are pretty exspensive (to exspensive for my wallet).:Chevy: