Fuel pump Died!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah this really sucks,I wish it gave me a warning but this time nothing,The day before truck has been running fine with no problems or hesitations,The next day I started it up went on the highway for about 8 miles then got off and stopped at a light,when I hit the gas I felt a bog:confused2: then I stopped at another light,same thing and had to feather it to get it going,at this point I was thinking fuel,no check engine lights,I was able to pull over to the side and that was that.I was able to start it,then it ran very hesitant then it would stall,I had it flatbedded home tryed changeing the fuel filter but no luck. The pump is spinning so slow I can barely hear it during the 3 second prime.My fuel pump has died:Angel: !That goes to show ya when everything is fine it is'nt.Im glad I wasnt 500 miles from home on a holiday weekend because that would of really sucked.:puke:

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn Whipple, that sucks! My mechanic told me our trucks like to go through fuel pumps. Wait a pain. Hope ya get it fixed soon. :cheers:

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys,I had the truck flatbedded to my friends shop today.It arrived late, so tomorrow he will work on it,Im pretty sure its the fuel pump because if I put my ear to the tank it sounds broke.Still have warranty so thats good,I had to bring it in anyway because the tailshaft is leaking on the transfer case,The seal was just replaced,My friend says he thinks the shaft is worn and will replace both.Also Im sure the fuel pump was stressed out with the boost-a-pump I have for the supercharger,witch means when the system sences over 3+ lbs of boost there is extra voltage supplied to the fuel pump to increase the fuel pressure,so maybe over time thats what killed it,I guess not bad for four years of abuse:smash: If the factory pump takes another dive do you guys no of a good aftermarket pump? Thanks!

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the fuel pump is fixed and is like new,they have an update or bulliten on the pumps, my friend showed me the problem with the pumps there is a wire that overheats and you lose connection with the new update they change the plug and the size of the wire.They also changed the tail shaft,bushing,and seal,the shaft had grooves on it that caused it to leak past the seal.