Front A/C Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caverick

Reaction score
I recently installed an amp and sub in my 03 tahoe and I now realized that my front a/c no longer works but my back still does. The front doesnt even blow air out at all. I replaced one of the fuses and now the air will come on when set to 5 but on all the other numbers it is off. Also the air only blows out from the defroster vents and nowhere else. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Have you tried to reset everything? Try disconnecting the positive terminal on the battery for about 15 mins. Before reconnecting, make sure all your HVAC controls are set to the off position. Only thoughts I have if nothing else works. I had to do this to reset one customer's Tahoe a while back. And I believe I remember someone else on this forum had the same problem and did the same thing to resolve the issue. Good luck.

caverick

Reaction score
Unfortunately it didn't work, any other suggestions? Could it be the blower motor resistor?

DSM01

Reaction score
My front A/C only works on 5 also . The rear works fine. Hmmm..

diesel44

Reaction score
Mine works from 1-4 and not on five. I replaced the the resistor and it still doesn't work.

caverick

Reaction score
I'm still having the same problem. I am planning on replacing the motor resistor tomorrow but I don't think that it would fix the air from coming out of the defroster vents. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

caverick

Reaction score
Well I replaced the blower motor resistor and now it works on all the settings. Unfortunately, it still only comes out of the defroster vents. I read something about a vacuum leak, but could someone take a picture of the vacuum line going through the firewall because I don't know what it looks like. Thanks

Holikz

Reaction score
I recently installed an amp and sub in my 03 tahoe and I now realized that my front a/c no longer works but my back still does. The front doesnt even blow air out at all. I replaced one of the fuses and now the air will come on when set to 5 but on all the other numbers it is off. Also the air only blows out from the defroster vents and nowhere else. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

That happened to mine too, but the rear a/c doesn't turn on at all the front a/c works properly. I check the fuses and there are all working fine. Any bodyelse might now the cause? perhaps a wire was cutted off that turns on the rear a/c? Any ideas will be appreciated....