JKmotorsports - question please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryK

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here. Just got a '04 Tahoe Z71 a few weeks ago. looking thru the forum I see you answer a lot of stereo questions so maybe you can help me out?
The Tahow has the factory Bose system in it and XM. I'd like to do two things:
1. add an ability to plug in an iPod
2. add Sirius

I know there are adapters to plug iPods in but are there specific ones I need to use for the Bose system?
also, I heard there was an adapter that basically "converts" the XM to Sirius so that I can tune in Sirius via the XM band without requiring the use of an external seperate Sirius unit. Is this true and if so can you provide a make and model or a link to one?

Can both adapters be used so that I have full functionality of everything on the Bose, Onstar, etc, plus be able to plug in an iPod and get Sirius?

Thanks for any help

Barry

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Hey Barry. I've listed a couple parts that will work with your vehicle. To convert over to Sirius, you'll have to install a new Sirius tuner. There is one made by Directed Electronics that will come with everything you need. The model number is SIR-GM1. This will convert your factory system over to Sirius. This includes a new antenna made for Sirius that is magnetically mounted to the roof of the vehicle. But there is an adapter that you can purchase seperately so you can use your existing GM XM antenna. You should be able to purchase this part through Crutchfield, or places like Best Buy and Circuit.
As for Ipod, Peripheral Electronics makes one that will also retain the sat radio option.
Look for Peripheral iPod Control Interface, model PXDPGMT.
This you should be able to find also at Crutchfield. You will have to choose an adapter cable for this, depending on your factory stereo options. Make sure you get the adapter cable for GM sat ready radios.
To make it a little easier, I would go to Crutchfield.com and enter your vehicle info, then type in PXDPGMT. This should pull up this part and then list the harness adapters you will need to choose from. You can also get the SIR-GM1 at the same time.
Hope this helps.

BarryK

Reaction score
thank you!! I did go to Crutchfield but since many different adapters showed up I wasn't sure what were the correct uses to use that wouldn't disable other features or would work well together.
having the actual models helps a lot!