Bio gas converted -99 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattias

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I'm in Sweden and am very close to buying this veichle from a friend.
The thing is, it's converted to run on regular fuel and bio gas, but it's registered by the state as pure "regular fuel car" hence the taxes are sky high.
Now in order for me to re-register this car that has alternative fuel options the veichle inspection guys are telling me that I need a certificat from the manufacturer wich states that this model -99 tahoe can actually be converted.
Apparently this information comes with the shassi number on models made after -02.
My question is, who should I try and get in contact with?
Anyone done this before?

/Thanks
Matt

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I'm in Sweden and am very close to buying this veichle from a friend.
The thing is, it's converted to run on regular fuel and bio gas, but it's registered by the state as pure "regular fuel car" hence the taxes are sky high.
Now in order for me to re-register this car that has alternative fuel options the veichle inspection guys are telling me that I need a certificat from the manufacturer wich states that this model -99 tahoe can actually be converted.
Apparently this information comes with the shassi number on models made after -02.
My question is, who should I try and get in contact with?
Anyone done this before?

/Thanks
Matt

Excuse my ignorance, but what is bio gas? I have heard of bio-diesel, but not bio gas.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bad, I wasn't sure of the correct term for it, this is what I'm talking about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed_natural_gas

Oh, you're talking about natural gas. It is my understanding that any gasoline engine can be converted to run on natural gas. They have been doing it for decades. As for obtaining a certificate from GM stating this, I have no idea. Maybe start by contacting a GM dealer in Sweden. Good luck.