Need Advice on CAI!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 1st Perf Mod is gonna be a CAI. I've got it narrowed down to a few choices. Just looking for some feedback to influence my descision.

These are my choices:

AEM Brute Force Dry Filter Style CAI
Volant PowerCore Dry Filter CAI Enclosed Air Box
GM Performace Parts CAI

I like AEM, I've used them in several of my cars w/ no issues. And now they have the dry filter's which is better than oiled. And they're CARB Cert, so smog legal in CA. But so is the Volant that comes w/ a enclosed box, instead of open. But I've heard the AEM seals pretty good against the hood. The GMPP one looks good, lots of good reviews, also enclosed air box, but pricey. I'm sure they're all pretty close, only marginal differences if any. And prices are pretty close, all within $30 of each other. Any input is appreciated! :thumbsup:

I'm leaning towards the Volant.

Last edited:

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just bought the Volant, so i'll let ya'll know how it is once it arrives. Thanks!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good choice

If it's even half as nice as it is on my '07, you'll seriously dig it! Where'd you get it from?

pwrstroker00

Reaction score
Have any of you tried the AFE system? I had one on my old diesel and it seemed to really help throttle response. Any ideas how the Volant would compare to the AFE?

Thanks,
Matt

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just bought the Volant, so i'll let ya'll know how it is once it arrives. Thanks!

Good choice on air intake:thumbsup: ,I have Volant on my srt-8 jeep and love it,It is the closest one to stock,but with the round filter,Also if you want it quite you keep the cover on, if you want to hear it roar more you can take the cover off .Other cold air there is only one way.Ill be waiting for some pics and good luck:cool2:

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good choice on air intake:thumbsup: ,I have Volant on my srt-8 jeep and love it,It is the closest one to stock,but with the round filter,Also if you want it quite you keep the cover on, if you want to hear it roar more you can take the cover off .Other cold air there is only one way.Ill be waiting for some pics and good luck:cool2:

Ya the Volant looked to be the best choice overall. I sprung for the Power Core Dry Filter they have, instead of the standard oiled filter. Hopefully it arrives on my days off so I can throw her on there. It's gonna be sweeeeet! :thumbsup:

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power source dry filter:confused2: :drool: .More info please!

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the Volant with the new PowerCore filter. If you use "gift10" at AutoAnything, it is a 10% off and it was already free shipping!

They have a pretty funny website at http://www.volantpowercore.com
see what happens when you click on the girl.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get your filters yet?

BowTieBandit / Snomon:

Did you guys get your PowerCore filters yet? How do you like them? I have a Volant 15253 CAI kit on my 2007 Yukon Denali, and it's great, but if I can get better performance that I'll never need to worry about with that filter, I'll consider it. Your thoughts? Thanks!

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't received mine yet (nor the shipping notice!). Will update after install!

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't received mine yet (nor the shipping notice!). Will update after install!

I was told by autoanything that Volant has the Power Core Filtered CAI's on back order til the 1st week of October! :ack: So I decided to switch my order to the regular style filter Volant has, and it'll be here Friday! :clapping: I just didn't wanna wait for 2 more weeks. I can still get the Power Core filter if I want to.

Snomon I would call up autoanything or send them an email if they haven't contacted you yet. I was able to get another 10% off for a future order cause their website said the intake would ship out in 2 days, not 3 weeks.

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update,
Yes this backorder affects across the board for the PowerCore filter. They said 2 wks for me also.

Last edited: