Service bulletin on front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blew are sicks

Reaction score
I went to the dealer I bought my 07 Tahoe from today about paint peeling away from my front bumper. It turns out there is a service bulletin on all the new 07 GM SUV line-up for the paint peeling of the front bumper. The service manager took pictures of the spot and said he had to send it off to GM's engineering dept. and they would decide how to proceed from there. I just though I would let you guys know.

Jayce030

Reaction score
hmm... i just picked mine up Sunday... will have to call to make sure as well.... thanks for the heads up.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if certain colors are more prone to peeling than others. I remember Chrysler had problem with paint.

Chrysler has had many issues, not the least of which was paint. Many moons ago I owned (or was pwned by) a '95 Cirrus, many of which including mine had serious problems with clearcoat, especially on the bumpers. It flaked off just after the warranty was up. Not a bad car, but I always resented that... :lol:

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if certain colors are more prone to peeling than others. I remember Chrysler had problem with paint.

I agree, I wonder if it does cover all colors or if it was just certain ones. Also I wonder if it is total production or just covers a certain production run. :confused:

Last edited:

sgmstr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 07 Summit White Tahoe white and I seem to have the same problem. Two ends of the front bumper near the front tires are peeling out. (where the end of front bumper and the end of two fenders meet). Do you have the service bulletin number so that I can talk to the dealer? Will let you know of the progress.