JL Audio Clean Sweep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ultra150

Reaction score
Has anybody installed a JL Audio Clean Sweep? I am looking into one of these to add 2 amps, sub box, and better front and rear speakers, but wanting to keep the factory radio. Anybody done this, or similar. Can you post any pics? Thanks,

zipperman19

Reaction score
I helped my friend install a Clean Sweep in his infiniti. It's a little challanging to do, but not impossible. Do you have those Bose sound system? or navigation?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of it either, but I'm not into high-end mobile audio and was curious... Check this link out for more information. Looks like an ADC that flattens the signals for feeding into a high-end aftermarket amp / speaker setup. Pretty neato.

zipperman19

Reaction score
Basically, what Cleansweep does is remove all audio processing done by the factory headunit. For instance in some cars the factory speakers are cheap, so in order for the volume to increase, there is a disproportionate increase in treble than in bass so that the speakers don't distort. Let me explain that better... you may turn the volume up 4 notches, but the volume doesnt steadily increase. The head unit knows that the speakers cant support anymore bass so the audio curve is distorted. What the Cleansweep does in try to make the audio distortion curve as flat as possible. It "undoes" the factory audio processing. This allows you to add volume evenly to better speakers which can handle it.

Here's the sheet from their website: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/CleanSweep_2006.pdf

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep_pages.php?page_id=79

KU Tahoe

Reaction score
I run a Audio control DQL-8 in mine and it is easy to hook up. The only thing That I dont like about the tahoe is for remote turn on it uses a signal sensing wire so it will come on when you opent he door.

KU Tahoe

Reaction score
here are a few ics of the controler I will post more later.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg