tow haul out of commission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V12NOS

Reaction score
the Tow/Haul system in my 2002 tahoe has stopped working completely.a week ago it would only change fr4om the on or off position when the vehicle was in park but now it does not work at all, the light does not even turn on. i have been told by one person that it could just be that the actual momentary switch itself has gone bad and that its an actual actuato on the transmissio that needs to be fixed by another guy. ANyone know anything about this or how to fix it?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I'd go with the switch first. The switch only sends a signal to the pcm, which then adjusts shift points and line pressure accordingly. So there's no actual seperate actuator or solenoid solely for this.

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an orange wire that runs down the shifter to the column, that orange wire tends to break, making the tow/haul not work.

Aaron

Jack Duggan

Reaction score
Tow/Haul light

This is a great forum. My tow/haul switch also quit working but thanks to Nappers, I took a look at that orange wire(enclosing two conductors) and sure enough, it had been clipped by some of the linkage in the steering column. I did a quick splice and my tow/haul has returned. Thanks guys.
Now all I need is for someone to tell me how to disable the autoride system so the service autoride light goes out, what I want to do is install a set of good quality shocks to replace the autoride shocks.
All of this is on a 2001 Yukon XL

Last edited: