Bose problem or mess up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caverick

Reaction score
I recently tried installing a sub into my 2003 Tahoe with the bose system. I went in the center console and clipped the wires after the amp and installed a high low converter. To do this I stripped the front right speaker wire and crimped it with both the hi low converter wire and the original speaker wire. I did the same with the front left speaker wire. For some reason though none of my speakers are working anymore, even the ones i never messed with. Could it be a fuse or something or did I just totally wire everything wrong?

Thanks

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Following are the wire colors you should use. These are the wires going into the factory sub from the amp. The factory sub has two voice coils, so you will have four wires that you will be splicing into.

Green/White (+)
White/Green (-)
Splice these into the left input of the LOC.

Brown/Yellow (+)
Brown/Blue (-)
Splice these into the right input of the LOC.

The amps have x-overs built into them, which means if you use the speaker wires to the speakers in the doors, you will not receive the low frequencies required to drive your sub to its fullest potential.
Re-connect the wires back together that you cut earlier and see if that brings the sound back. If one of the speaker wires is shorted to chassis ground, this will shut down the output of the amp.
If not, start checking fuses. You may have spliced into a wrong wire. Then go from there.
Hope this helps some.

Last edited:

caverick

Reaction score
Thanks Ill give that a try. But what is the difference between the Green/White one and the White/Green one? Do they look totally different?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Thanks Ill give that a try. But what is the difference between the Green/White one and the White/Green one? Do they look totally different?

The first color is the color of the wire. The second color is the color of the stripe. So green/white would be a green wire with a white stripe, while white/green would be a white wire with a green stripe.