01 tahoe mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leroy

Reaction score
hi i want to clean up the look of my tahoe. are the body mouldings glued on? how hard are they to take off ? where are good sites to get aftermarket stuff ie. grille, lights.... thanks for the help
leroy

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The mouldings and badges are stuck on with a double sided type tape. They are easier to remove if you have a heat gun or a good hot hair dryer. Be careful not to leave the gun in the same spot for too long or the paint can get too hot and bubble. And the adhesive will come off easier if you use a good adhesive remover like 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner. This cleaner is strong, but is safe for automotive clearcoat finishes. If you have light scratches from removing the badges/mouldings and cleaning off the adhesive, you can easily buff them out with any decent brand clearcoat scratch remover like Meguire's Scratch X.

troyschultzvegas

Reaction score
I took all the badges off of my Tahoe.... except the Z71 badges on the sides.. to me it makes the truck look alot cleaner..