Any Fixes for Center Console Texture Peeling???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only major complaint about most GM vehicles, is that damn texture they use for interiors that always rubs off!!! :mad2: My center console has several spots where it's rubbed off. I deal with some interior repair guys through my work, and they didn't have anything for a good fix. They said any laquer based paint will lift the exsisting texture off cause it's water based. I was planning on stripping it all off and just repainting it, or cover it w/ some wood grain kit. Any other suggestions???

STREETutilityVEHICLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish i knew the answer, my dog has scratched a few areas on the dash and i wish i could repair them... is seems like some kind of rubber coating, but just might be the type of paint...

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possible Fix

You might try this link:

http://www.leatherworldtech.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=30-442

I had issues with the coloring wearing off of my dash - I have a Garmin GPS and I tend to rest my hand on the dash while setting the Garmin. Alas, the dark gray dash began to have 'black spots' where I rest my hand. I ordered this kit, easily mixed a matching color, applied it, waited a few days for it to dry (it comes with a curing tool but it's nothing more than a pseudo soldering iron fitted with a flat disc - the summer heat here in northern Virginia was enough to cure it!) and now it looks pretty darn close to new! Only problem is that it was more 'glossy' than the surrounding area, but applying Armorall took care of that. Key - it comes with a sealing compound - you MUST use it or the texture you apply will peel right off. I looked into ordering a new trim piece from onlyfactoryparts.com - they had the part - but it was $125. I'll save that as a last resort - this repair kit is just fine for now for only $35. Hope this helps.