New Owner - 3 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rundel

Reaction score
I decided there was no need to keep a car and a truck and bought a 01 Tahoe LT to do the work of both. Now to deal with issues and things I want, so three questions.

1. The windshield washer resevoir leaks. How do I access it for repair? Through the fender well or by pulling the battery?

2. I have the dancining fuel guage. It is accurate below 3/4 full but if I fill it up, it bounces back and forth between full, or partial reading, and empty. I presume a new sender unit is in order or new pump, any other solutions?

3. I've got to install my XM. I don't need the cassette in the center console and this would be a logical spot to secure power and perhaps audio inputs to the factory stereo. Has anyone done this and how do I pull this portion of the console. (Factory sound, Not a Bose system so no subwoofer in the way)

Thanks in advance for the collective wisdom of this forum

Rundel

Reaction score
24 hours later, 16 views but no responses. A little help please!!!!

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not 100 percent sure,but I think you have to pull the fender well to get the winsheild bottle out,You have to look and see whats the best way or you can call the dealer service dept they can tell you and one more way would be is to get a service manual.The fuel pump sender might be in the fuel pump housing,if you have to drop the tank change the pump as well,there is an updated pump with a larger wire so it doesnt burn out mine burnt out and left me stuck.The Xm I cant help you ,but there is someone on this forum that can its just a little slow:sleep:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
WASHER PUMP/RESERVOIR REPLACEMENT

REMOVAL PROCEDURE
Remove the battery and battery tray from the vehicle.
Remove the inner wheel housing from the vehicle.
Disconnect the electrical connector from the washer pump and from the washer solvent level sensor.
Disconnect the washer hose from the washer pump.
Remove the upper and lower bolts from the washer solvent container and remove from vehicle.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
Install the washer solvent container into the vehicle.
Install the lower and upper bolts, tightening the bolts to 9 N.m (80 lb in) .
Connect the electrical connector to the washer pump and the washer solvent level sensor.
Connect the washer hose to the washer pump.
Install the inner wheel housing.
Install the battery and battery tray.
Voila!! You are done!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Now, for the slave cassette connections. Here's what I got for ya. Make sure you have these wires at the connector of the slave unit and please verify with a meter:

A) Black/White - Common audio signal
B) Brown/White - Left audio signal
C) Dark Green/White - Right audio signal
D) Orange - +12VDC
E) Black - Ground
F) Pink - Radio on signal

To remove the cassette player, first start by removing two 7mm screws behind the compartment door directly underneath the player. The trim can then be removed by pulling upwards. The cassette player will be held in place by a tab on each side. Push down on these tabs and slide the unit forward.

Hope this helps.

Rundel

Reaction score
That's exactly the information I was looking for. That's why I always try to find forums for every vehicle I own. THANK YOU!!