Denali dash fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I can say is GM put some crappy coating on the dash bezel and center console.Even brand new you can srape it off with your finger nail,Over the years mine looked trashed there was black gashes everywhere,and I never bought new because they would just get gashed up again,So I repaired them myself with SEM paint,and they came out really good,The hardest thing was to take all the old coating off and it was time consuming, I never thought it was going to end:willynilly: especially the bezel.You have to take the old coating off , I tried to spay over it and it came right off to the plastic with one touch of the finger nail,but the paint on the plastic is tough.Now I can just scuff pad it and respray and it will be as good as new any time I get a scratch.Anyone interested I used SEM Bumper Coater #39263 Dark Titanium metallic,the guy in the paint supply recommended this for the dash and helped me to decide the right color. :thumbsup:
console 1.jpg

console 2.jpg

console 3.jpg

console 4.jpg

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow; that looks good as new! I think that stupid silicone coating they spray on is the worst. This was the main complaint I had on my 2004 Denali's interior, if there was a complaint. No easy way to fix it other than to pull all the pieces, use silicone remover, sand them, clean them, prime them, paint them, and optionally re-silicone them. :willynilly: :crazy: :willynilly:

Great job!

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that's what I need to do on my Denali! So some silicone remover will take all that texture off?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Nice job, Whipple:thumbsup: . SEM makes some good stuff. They have a lot of factory OEM colors. This is what I use whenever I need to match up any custom jobs with oem colors and durability, and is what I used to finish off my center console monitor.