Yukon XL SLT Front "Armrest"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okla-by God-homa

Reaction score
I love my new Yukon XL SLE but the center "Drink holder, Armrest, Catchall" is for the birds. Does anyone know of any available options or a way to modify this one. If you put stuff in the "Catchall" tray and need to fold it up it just throws everything in the back floor board. Any ideas???:cool2:

Last edited:

EchoBravo

Reaction score
Dude, I've been asking this since getting my Tahoe LS 6 weeks or so ago. No answers here.

While at the dealer for something unrelated, the parts counter guy told me the center console storage bin/armrest/cupholder from Silverados would fit. They're like the cheap-@$$ jumpseat we have, but it has a latched lid and three cupholders along the front edge, instead of the two we have. No more cheap open bin.

I originally wanted to replace my center jumpseat with the full console treatment seen in the spendier trucks, but those have the rear heat & AC controls built into the back of 'em. My controls are on my truck's headliner, so that wouldn't work.

I think the Silverado one is the way to go. It's $350 or so. Pricey for what you get, but it is a much better solution than the useless open bin.

EchoBravo

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics I snapped (with a phone) of Silverado center consoles while at the stealership last week. The first one, is in tan leather.

web.jpg

…and the second one in black leather. Sorry about my shadow.

web.jpg

Like I said, it’s not as nice as the full blown consoles in the more expensive Tahoes/Suburbans, but it’s a nice compromise.

I’d be interested in others’ opinions.

Okla-by God-homa

Reaction score
Thanks for the info; you are correct in that it's not the greatest solution but perhaps it will do until something better comes along. My interior is black and if they have a black leather it might look half way decent. I'll still be interested to see if anyone else comes up with another solution.

kuo246

Reaction score
did we ever figure out if this works?
if so im going to get one!