Add a Monitor to DVD System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe Germany

Reaction score
Hi,

i have a 03 Tahoe 4X4 LT with the org. Panasonic DVD Overheadconsole and Bose Soundsystem.
I want to build in an additional TFT monitor to the frontconsole under the Radio. It´s a in Dash monitor that need a Cinch conector ( hope its the right word in english). I removed the DVD player but there are only "normal" conectors. A 20 Pin conector goes to the monitor, one of these Pins must be the video wire. I tryed to find a Wireringplan but nothingto get.
I have no chance to get an adapter for the Pansonic DVD Player.
Does anybody have an idea witch wire i have to use to get the videosignal,
or is there Adapter available in the US ? Maybe somebody does the same with his / her DVD system too ?

Thanks for youre help

Hans

Germany

(please excuse my english)

Tahoe Germany

Reaction score
Hi,

Nobody does this before ? ?

If somebody will do it it´s quiet easy

The darkblue wire in the upper row of pinns in the 20 pin conector to the original Monitor is the signalwire. Just solder the middle wire off the cinchkabel to the darkblue and the second wire ( what is to secure the signals from megnetic fields) solder to the original shield wich is about 5 cm from the conector. Make a Cinchconection over there, bring the cinch wire to the dash centerconsole. make some cuts to fit a Din size Indashmonitor to the lower case under the Cig,-lighter. Get Power and mass from the lighter and thats all

It was 110,- € Parts and 1,5 h work

You can add a Rearviewcamera or Navigationsystem or ......

Hans