Power fold mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rwick3142

Reaction score
I am trying to install power fold mirrors on my 2002 Denali and was hoping for some help. I have purchased an 2002 Escalade switch that locates in the open area to the left of my dash, and am looking to buy the ecalade power fold mirrors thinking that I can just plug it all in. Is the wiring harness different on these trucks? and am I crazy thinking this will be easy? Any help greatly appreciated. How can I do this.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to install power fold mirrors on my 2002 Denali and was hoping for some help. I have purchased an 2002 Escalade switch that locates in the open area to the left of my dash, and am looking to buy the ecalade power fold mirrors thinking that I can just plug it all in. Is the wiring harness different on these trucks? and am I crazy thinking this will be easy? Any help greatly appreciated. How can I do this.

Yeah ,originally I had a stereo shop install the mirrors until one was broke off,I got a good deal on avalanche mirrors to replace them with the arrow turn signal ,I did this with a friend three years ago,you have to take the mirror apart and re-solder certain wires and run wires from the switch to the mirrors and solder the wires onto the back of the switch,it really insnt that hard,the hardest thing is to pop the mirror off the housing without breaking it,there is a word for word schmatic on how to do this I will try to see if I can get it.

Rwick3142

Reaction score
Thanks, I'd really appreciate that. I just got the truck two weeks ago and this is the first mod I want to do to it. It' been in the body shop up getting dolled up so I havent been able to touch it yet. Where in NY are you? I am out east on the Island.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you find those wiring schemes can you email them to me?
I have my friend looking for them,he said he will email them to me when he finds them then I will send them to you.

Rwick3142

Reaction score
no luck on those wiring schemes? What mirrors can I use? I am having a real hard time finding mirrors for this truck. I keep searching ebay but so far no good. Thanks for your help whip I appreciate it.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this to mine also for the longest but am having the same problem as you locating a set. If you come across a set, let me know where you found them if you don't mind.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry its taking so long to get the wiring diagram my friend sayed he has it but cant find it I will post it as soon as I get it,He got it from an old website were someone sold the mirrors and they had the wiring diagram,that website is gone.

Rwick3142

Reaction score
The mirrors

Hey JK, I bought these off of ebay for $250 I contacted the seller and he ended the auction early. I didnt want them getting away..item #320160152868. They have everything I wanted, except the autodim. I also bought this escalade switch...item#160155009281 it should fit right in the blank on my 2002 Denali dash that it sat in the escalade. I havent tried installing yet, to be honest the wiring has me confused. I need to wire the LED turns, the power fold and dont know if I have to get the thing reprogrammed when I'm done. I wish there was a direct wire to wire diagram out there to ease my tension alittle. If you cam hel. I'd appreciate it, and ebay seems to be the best place to find what your looking for....Good luck in your hunt. I have to get these mirrors done soon, My Denali doesnt fit into my 3rd garage because of the mirrors and winters coming!

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Rwick,sorry I havent gotten back to you,Im still trying to get those wiring schmatic from my friend he has been busy also,If I cant get the schmatic I will take my truck apart and figure it out for you,I know its not hard,You have the mirror switch with the plug too thats good,I had to solder wire directly onto the pongs of the switch,It sholdnt be that hard to figure out, all you need is power to and from the switch to the mirrors and a wire from the blinker circuit and figure out what wire is the fold mirror wire and the blinker wire.Well anyway I will still try and get the schmatic it will make everything alot easier:cool:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Here's what I have been able to find so far. I am going to work out the wiring and will post with results later.

Wiring Diagram for the Escalade switch

PIN 1 = Switch Illumination
PIN 2 = Ground
PIN 3 = +12VDC
PIN 4 = Gray wire from mirror
PIN 5 = Brown wire from mirror

These are the diagrams for the non-power fold and powerfold mirrors.

This is the passenger side mirrors:

passen2.jpg

This is the driver's side mirrors:

drivers2.jpg

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Rwick, do have a pic you can post of the backside of the Escalade switch you have?

Rwick3142

Reaction score
Thanks Whip, I already installed the mirrors and everything is working fine!

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Whip, I already installed the mirrors and everything is working fine!

Glad to see you got them working,at least it will be there for other members to use that want this mod,it is a great mod:D