Anyone have exhaust sound clips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy_K

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just purchased an 04 Yukon 4X4 5.3L with 31K on the clock. I've been looking to buy a catback exhaust for it. I've been leaning towards the Flowmaster 17419 kit which has the 50 series muffler and dual side exit tips. according to their site, the 50 series is more quiet on the inside which is what I want. I've found this kit for under $400 shipped online. I was just wondering if anyone has sound clips of this kit on a 5.3. Any other suggestions for a nice rumble outside but quiet inside? Thanks

Jeremy_K

Reaction score
Thanks for the links guys. I was on google videos earlier today and could find mostly Denali clips. The 50 series Flowmasters sound good on the tahoe/yukon and the gibson sounded pretty nice too. I have a quick newbie question. How do I know which gears I have? I know on Fords there's a tag on the rear diff. but this is my first GM so excuse my ignorance!:eek:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I have a quick newbie question. How do I know which gears I have? I know on Fords there's a tag on the rear diff. but this is my first GM so excuse my ignorance!:eek:

Look at your RPO sticker and see which of the following codes is in your list:

RPO - Ratio
GT4 - 3.73
GT5 - 4.10
GU4 - 3.08
GU6 - 3.42

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you have ordered yet, but by your description, it sounds like you are mentioning the Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back. I also got mine for $400 shipped. It has the 50 Series muffler and the dual side exit setup you mention.

I can't get a vid up of it, but I can tell you it rocks on my '04 SLE 2wd. It gives a slight roar that will turn nearby heads when you start it up, and idles with a deeper, but steady tone after the car warms up. When you accelerate it will sound louder and clearly like a V8 should, but it will wisper at cruising speeds. The best thing about this is that it won't pop or ever sound obnoxious. In other words, you won't look like an idiot, but your ride will sound intimidating.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't get a vid up of it, but I can tell you it rocks on my '04 SLE 2wd. It gives a slight roar that will turn nearby heads when you start it up, and idles with a deeper, but steady tone after the car warms up. When you accelerate it will sound louder and clearly like a V8 should, but it will wisper at cruising speeds. The best thing about this is that it won't pop or ever sound obnoxious. In other words, you won't look like an idiot, but your ride will sound intimidating.

The same goes for the magnaflow mufflers, mine rumbles when you start it up, and when you get on the gas it sounds GREAT!! But at cruising speeds I don't even notice it! Plus I got 10hp more and about 1.5mpg more than with the stock. :Chevy: