Tire Monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe2Vegas

Reaction score
Hey All,

Finally picked up my 04 Tahoe today. Just one problem. The previous owner put 22" wheels and tires on her...but now dash reads "service tire monitor" or something like that. How can I get rid of that? :rolleyes2:

Thanks!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
As long as the service message is not due to a faulty part, you can try the following re-learn procedure for the tire monitoring system and see if it helps any.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Apply the parking brake.
3. Turn the exterior lamp switch from OFF to parking lamps 4 times within 4 seconds. A horn chirp will sound and the low tire pressure indicator will begin to flash indicating the learn mode has been enabled. Important: If a horn chirp does not sound after 35 seconds for any of the 4 sensors, turn the ignition OFF to exit the learn mode and repeat steps 1-3.
4. Starting with the left front tire, increase or decrease the pressure for 8-10 seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp may occur before the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached, or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached.
5. After the horn chirp has sounded, repeat step 4 for the next 3 sensors in the following order:
5.1. Right front
5.2. Right rear
5.3. Left rear

6. After all sensors have been learned, exit the learn mode by turning OFF the ignition.
7. After the learn mode has been exited, adjust all tire pressures to the recommended psi.

Hope this helps.

Tahoe2Vegas

Reaction score
Thanks. But the problem is that the sensors are not there anymore. When they switched the stock wheels for the 22's....the sensors went with the stock wheels

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Thanks. But the problem is that the sensors are not there anymore. When they switched the stock wheels for the 22's....the sensors went with the stock wheels

Well, that changes everything. Sorry I can't provide anymore. Hopefully someone else will know something.

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i heard you have to purchase aftermarket sensors or something to the effect but not positive..