Brake Light Problem on an 05 Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05 Hoe. LS. I bought some LEDs from ebay. I couldnt get them to work. Tried 3 different sets and the passenger side wouldnt work correctly. (im guessing it was a reverse polarity problem) and after trying to get them to work,(by putting the plugs flipped arround) all (but my reverse lights) went out (even when i reinstalled the factory bulbs). so i returned them and got my money back. The cruise control fuse blew because of this too (I dont know why but it did) So i changed it and it was working again. After buying 6 new 3157 bulbs from Kragen, i finally almost got my lights right. Turn signals, flashers work properly. Brake lights (including the third center mount) are working. The only thing wrong now is that when i turn my headlights on, my tailights are supposed to come on and they dont. They work when i apply the brake and instead of dimming down to low red after i let the brake go, they turn off. The turn signals are perfect so those are set. Its just the low red lights acting weird. Anyone ever hear of this?

Picture%20005.jpg

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Have you checked the fuses under the hood that go to the rear lighting module?

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I got it worked out. It was the 10amp fuses that control the rear parking lights! Got it taken care of!

TexasWhiteHoe

Reaction score
Same problem !!! Damn it !!!

DUDE ! I had the same freakin problem !!!

I purchased a set of LED tail lights for my Hoe also, and I had the exact problem except mine ended up in a trip to the dealer because all of my fuses in the left of the dash were good. I wasn't sure if it was the LED's or a cheap dvd player that I had attempted to get to work that day also. Fortuneatly I was able to get the problem fixed under warranty, but unfortunatly I am out of $150 for these lights I purchased via EBAY.

I am pissed because they really look good on the the Hoe. :mad2:

Just wanted to let everybody know: BEWARE OF LED TAILLIGHTS they will blow out your rear lighting electrical system.

The ones I purchased were:
Ultimate Design A037B
SK1600-DNL00-R
11-CD00-LED-RC
ALD-YD-CD00-LED-RC
DENALI/SUBURBAN 2000

******** BUYERS BEWARE *******

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leds are known to cause problems also because the plugs are rated at a certain power level, and the leds use a lot less power. My buddy and I figured out that problem with a camaro. This guy put all led lights in his car and didnt buy the correct plugs that are rated for the leds. So eventually none of his lights worked, and his electrical system was acting very strange. As soon as the normal bulbs were put back in, everything started working out. Sounds like you just had a blown fuse like you said. But beeware of leds, in a lot of cases you need the replacement plug in for them to work correctly.

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are the same LED's i have on mine except mine are Smoke Red. They've been working fine now for about 3 weeks. I was plugging them in backwards at first when i had just gotten them and as a result the polarities were reversed and blew fuses left and right till at one point i had no rear lights whatsoever. I was more careful the second time after i replaced all the fuses (and after someone in this forums gave me a tip that there are some more fuses for the rear tail lights in the fuse box under the hood) i was able to get them on correctly with no problems whatsoever on my hoe!

[email protected]

Reaction score
Brake Light-headlights-crusie Control

i was wondering if anyone can help me my headlights don't work at all i took my high beams out and put it in the spot where my regular bulbs go and run my high beams when i have to go somewhere at night an also my brake lights don''t come on the third brake light is the only one that works when i apply the bake the left and right don't work at all please someone help me check all the fuses and replaced the bake switch that's on the pedals I'm running out of options and also my cruise control doesn't work either...HELP