New Guy From Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxTahoe

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My wife and I just picked up an 01 Tahoe LT 4x4 with 57K miles on it. We love it so far. I was raised and will always remain a Ford guy, but I have always liked the Tahoe and we now own one! The stock Chevy 5.3L V8 blows my power tuned 4.6L V8 w/ exhaust and K&N drop in out of the water!!!

We are looking to put 305/70/16s on the stock wheels, what kind of lift is popular for this truck?? I have seen 33s on Tahoes and love the look. I have new 265/70's on it now... Anyway, I look forward to hangin around. I am a pretty active forum user with my F150 and other hobbies of mine, so I will visit often!!

Ceezer

Reaction score
Howdy Tx. Not a whole lot of action on this board, it seems.

There seems to be 3 options for stock wheels on '01 Tahoes but mine are the same as yours (265/70s). I'm looking for a decent set of 33s to fit on my rims, as well, and plan to do a 3-4" lift soon. I have a 6 year old girl and a 5'1" wife so anything more than that becomes a burden. I think 3-4" with 33s would be the right look, anyway.

Anyway, welcome! I've got the same model but in Carmine Red (the maroon) with gray leather and 107k. Still purrs, though, and still hauls.