1998 Tahoe Dash Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruceAlmighty814

Reaction score
The lights behind my radio buttons and some of the others are out too...How do I get to them to change them....without tearing apart the whole dashboard?

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dash pops off with no tools, start at upper left corner working to upper right. be sure to carefully unplug wiring harness clips on domelight, etc by using a flat head screwdriver to depress the clip release. to replace the lights in your radio you must be hightly skilled at mechanics and electrical. i suggest buying a replacement off ebay or paying some1 to replace yours with LED that will never burn out (and u can pic the color). or just get an aftermarket cd player from pioneer/alpine as they are built with quality and do not crap out like everything delco makes. the cd player on most tahoes can be removed with no tools just pressing the clips on either side down and pulling it out. then remove the antenna plug (twist and pull) and the speaker wire harness plug. i would say no more than 40 minutes for a 1st timer to replace the factory cd player. think they go for about $40-80 used on ebay.

i am cruising without my cdplayer or dash while i figure out how to mount a 7" gps/ipod/dvd touchscreen unit (pioneer avic-d3) in a 3.75" hole. think i am gonna remove the slave cd player and mount the climate controls a few inches lower. then i will have to cut the dash and fab up some mounts to hold the GPS unit. only thing that sux is i have to mount the damn gps antenna outside the car :(