Head lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

milleniumman

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Yukon slt. It was in the shop to have the after market comand start disconnected because it was setting the security system off. When I got it home the day time running lights and the low beam head lights dont work. The high beams and all the other lights work. I have checked the fuse and it is good. Any one have any other ideas ???:confused2:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Does this occur in both the Autolamp position on the switch and in the manual Headlamp on position? Reason I ask is because the ambient light sensor controls both the low beams and the DRLs when the headlamp switch is in the AUTO position. Not sure how the Command Start was installed/disconnected, but it may be possible a harness or connector could have came unplugged during the removal process. I would take it back to the place that removed it and have them take a look at the general area where the unit was and see if anything looks disconnected or out of place.

milleniumman

Reaction score
Yes it does it with the switch in both positions. I dont think it would be the sensor because all the other lights work in the auto position. I have it booked in for this week. I will let you know what they find.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Yes it does it with the switch in both positions. I dont think it would be the sensor because all the other lights work in the auto position. I have it booked in for this week. I will let you know what they find.

You're right; it wouldn't be the sensor. Missed the part that the other lights work. Good luck, let me know if they find anything. I'll let you know if I think of something else as well.

duds

Reaction score
I have this same problem on an 04 Tahoe - did you find out what was causing it?

Reaction score
01 tahoe no low beams

any ideas on why no low beams. i switched the fuses and relays with the high beams. the high beams work fine. the drl work in the auto mode or manual. the lower driving lights light up when switched on. in the mean time i hooked the high beam sockets to the low beam bulbs so i could have lights.