New tahoe owner what to add on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1995whitelt

Reaction score
Ok I just picked up a 95 tahoe, already has a billet grill, clear side markers and lower lights. It does have a custom dual catback but its all rusted and I get a rich smell so I think its leaking. Whats a good catback to get I was thinking of the flowmaster setup its cheap and u can't beat the sound. Also a intake airaid seems to be the only on to make it for a tbi? And lastly a chip i see since i have a non obd2 there is no programmer so would ordering a custom chip be worth it and from where what brand and how much. And anything else u could think on would help. I am getting 20's very soon too.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The glory of an older pre-OBDII motor is the amount of free and cheap mods. There is so much you can do performance wise. The throttle body can be smoothed out and bored for better airflow. The IAT sensor can be replaced with different value resistors to make the computer add just a bit more fuel for better performance. Timing can be changed.
You can also easily add headers, do a cam swap, a lower temp thermostat, hi-perf distributer, add a multi-spark CD type ignition, and lots more. JetChips and Hypertech are a couple good companies that make decent chips for tbi vehicles in different stages.

1995whitelt

Reaction score
Yea I was thinking of just basic add on's, throttle body space, ebay cold air, flowmaster catback, and probally a jet chip. With the mods list should i just go stage 1 or 2?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
With intake and exhaust mods, I would go with stage 2. You'll be able take more advantage of the mods.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a magnaflow exhaust setup on my 97, and it sound like a flowmaster outside but you can hardly hear it inside! So you can talk on the phone or listen to the music without constantly hearing the exhaust. As far as an intake I was pretty sure K & N made a kit for your engine, but I may be wrong. Welcome to the site! :Chevy: