Wheres the Bose Power Amp in my 1999 Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi again, sorry to post all newb questions.

My front speakers arent working in the 1999 yukon, and I believe the Bose power amp is to blame. It is my understanding from talking to an old friend who was an installer back in the day that there are seperate power amps for the front and rear speakers. Is this true?

The manu date on my 1999 is April of 1998 ( go figure) but everythig else on it says 1999.

Anyway, where is this power amp located? I looked under the steering wheel, and I looked under the glove box area. The only area i cannot get to is opposite of the tirejack compartment. If it IS in there, how can that panel be removed? it seems to be attached to all the other plastic trim in that area and the screw heads are concealed?
anyway, your input would be appriciated.

thanks,
Pete

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
There are a couple locations that I know of, depending on your trim. Check under your center console. Also check under driver's side dash to the right of the brake pedal bracket.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on, thanks for your reply. Ill check those places..

hey, when you say, center console, you mean inside the dash, under the radio, right? or do you mean the center console with the cupholders between the front seats? I just wanted to double check before i remove the dash looking for it.

thanks again,

Pete

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Right on, thanks for your reply. Ill check those places..

hey, when you say, center console, you mean inside the dash, under the radio, right? or do you mean the center console with the cupholders between the front seats? I just wanted to double check before i remove the dash looking for it.

thanks again,

Pete

No prob.
Center console---between the front seats.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought it was under one of the seats. but i could b mistaken