03 tahoe... dash vents won't work.. cpu?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stratt134

Reaction score
I have an 03 tahoe that I just purchased used... i installed an amp and sub last week, and when i put everything back together... the dash vents are doing something really really weird. And to make it worse... it is related to something electrical or in the computer... :ack:

The vents are stuck on only DEFROST, however the A/C doesn't turn off automatically like when you turnt he vent nob over to only defrost... (per the manual) When you start the truck, (control nob is pointing to dash only vents), it goes from previous defrost setting, TO THE DASH FOR 3 SECONDS, then back to the defrost vents as the fan speed automatically kicks up a little...

It does that every time you start the truck... never blows out of the dash vents from the nob, or the floor vents for that matter. i reset the battery and ecu and that didn't fix anything.

BTW it is the bottom of the line tahoe, cloth seats, normal nobs, nothing fancy...

I'm afraid to take it to Chevy...

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Are you sure you didn't route any wires to where they are hindering proper operation of any of the HVAC actuators?

Stratt134

Reaction score
I have never heard of any HVAC actuators....

I didn't mess with any of the wires for the heater/ac/vent controls.... However when i unplug it from the controlls, the fans turn off completely...

I will double check the wires.

Is there a computer or electronic thing anywhere that I can reset or something? I tried the battery but no luck....

Stratt134

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend and he suggested that I may have a vacuum leak or possibly could have pulled lose one of the vac hoses behind the dash that control the venting systems....

Also, I just noticed that the rear vents stopped blowing this morning... (of coarse after I let my girlfriend drive the truck for the first time)

I can hear a small clicking sound coming from the back of the truck when the rear vent speed hits level 3.... anyone else have this problem before?

Jeremy_K

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend and he suggested that I may have a vacuum leak or possibly could have pulled lose one of the vac hoses behind the dash that control the venting systems....

Also, I just noticed that the rear vents stopped blowing this morning... (of coarse after I let my girlfriend drive the truck for the first time)

I can hear a small clicking sound coming from the back of the truck when the rear vent speed hits level 3.... anyone else have this problem before?

I have a small clicking sound in my front vents when it's on 3-5. It sounds like maybe a leaf or something is stuck in there. I have an 04 yukon.

promatchrcr

Reaction score
I have an 04 Yukon and when I test drove it the vents were working fine but when I went back the next day to pick it up the battery had been run down from being in the clean up dept. They replaced the battery (dealership mind you) and afterwards it only blew from the defrost but I didn;t know till I was almost home and that was about 50+ miles from the dealer.....well since this dealership was a prety long drive from my house I dropped by the local GMC dealer and they said it was probably the servo motors that control the vents and it was common and I told them I would bring it in the next day and leave it since it was under warranty. (not sure how true that is) soooooooo that afternoon decided to set my memory seats. I got it adjusted to my liking and set the radio like I wanted it and as soon as I set the memory the blower started working right and has ever since!! Give it a try since you probably disconected the battery during your install it may be a reset type thing since the AC/Heat settings are tied to the driver memory. Of course if you don;t have the driver memory option then I don't know what it could be except they told me that all the vent control was electric and no vacuum lines were used on my 04.....not sure about an 03 though.