04-05 Tahoe/Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BostonBull

Reaction score
Wow first thread!

I am thinking of an 04-05 Tahoe or Yukon. I want fully loaded. Nav, DVD, quad seats, roof etc. WHat info good and bad can you guys give me about these years?

What is the major difference in the Tahoe and Yukon? What are the thoughts on the Denali? Which is better on gas?

jvangun

Reaction score
I'm not sure about any major differences but I went with the Yukon mainly because you see less Yukon's where I live than you do Tahoes. Mine has the Denali grill which I think really sets off the front end. I only drove 1 Tahoe and it seemed very similar to the Yukon. I'm not sure if you can get NAV as a factory option but know that you can by the GM version and have it installed.

dsyukon

Reaction score
I own a 2004 SLT YUKON. I've very pleased with the performance. Been from to Texas to Georgia a couple times ant the road comfort was great ! I have now done a Belltech 2" rear drop , 24" Motto-MT-100's and the ride is still good. I installed a Xtec 6000k HID kit platform TYC Clear turn signals & Projector lense, GMC Iced out emblem and DENALI Grille. Cherrywood full dash kit, Panasonic DVD 7" drop screen. Bose Sound system. I also like the DENALI for the luxury items.

Good Luck with your decision.
i1190_ShowStopper4.jpg

Last edited:

Brisk

Reaction score
differences between the Tahoe and Yukon are mostly cosmetic IIRC. They are the exact same drivetrain. The Denali has some nice features. I looked at them but ruled them out b/c they lack a true 4wd system. I did like that they came with the 6.0 engine but the gas milage does suffer slightly. Good luck with your search!!;)