New here, Need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SS5800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Just joined looking to learn some things about my 96' 2D 4WD Tahoe.

The truck is in awesome shape for 168,000 miles first off. This is my first vehicle in general. I paid $2800 for this truck and i do believe i got my moneys worth. I love the truck first of all, Ive been brought up around them and wouldn't buy anything else. Ok now for the questions.

I need to know where i can buy some new speakers for this truck, All of them are blown except for one. Im trying to stay as low as possible on price to replace them all. I dont need crazy awesome sound, just something i can blast without rattling or other crap. What are some of the various ways you guys hook up your ipods to the system? Besides Wireless transmitters and tape adapters/

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sound, you don't need expensive speakers to get a great sounding system as long as you know how to tune your system and min the clipping. You can get a good cd/mp3 kenwood for like 70 dollars
http://www.nextag.com/Kenwood-KDC-138-CD-562426484/prices-html
that is the one I use.....search around and you can find it cheaper.

now speakers, if your doing it simple......one speaker per channel. Each channel is 50 watts. Ohms is what is important when getting speakers. Not so much if your just getting a head unit, but really important is your doing apms, crossovers, preamps. Get speaker atleast 100 watts at 2 ohms and they will never blown. I use the cheapest speakers I can find in my system and it sound better then my friends system that he had a shop do for 5000k and I only got about 600 in mine

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Marinekilz, this seemed like a good thread to ask you a question regarding stereos... The cheap manual I have doesn't say, any idea what the stock speaker ohms were in the 97 Yukon SLT? I replaced the head unit, and the sound quality went to crap, if I remember correctly though, older AC Delco speakers were something crazy like 10 ohm or something non-standard.. and the amp in the aftermarket head unit I'm sure is trying to push at 4ohms. Are you aware of any inline resistors to make the two match up their impediance? Thanks in advance as always!