Service Manual for 97 Yukon or Similar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a PDF (or paper) version of a factory service manual for a 1997 Yukon, or any of our generation Yukon/Tahoe?

I am used to having somethign to go off of for torque specs, etc. I am not looking for the generic $20 manual from Autozone or the like (someone gave me that with the truck). If anyone can help me out, or if anyone knows who does GM's manuals to purchase, I may have to go that route.

I know Helms Manuals Inc does Honda/Acura ones, and obviously I have a few of those cars and manuals for them. I'm in need of a same type of manual for the Yukon if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I can get you some torque specs. Are you looking for something in particular (heads, block, rods,etc) or pretty much the torque specs for everything on the vehicle?

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically I would want all torque specs as well as service specs for everything.. I am trying to start going through the suspension, steering, etc. and to know what is allowable/not allowable in the bushings, bearings, etc. I have PDF versions of factory manuals for my 1996 M3, for 1988 Honda Civics & CRXs+, and 1994 Acura Integras.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I have seen someone on Ebay selling Helms and factory GM manuals on ebay a while back. You might want to check there. I wouldn't be able to send you specs on everything; I don't have a PDF version. But if you need some specs in the meantime before you find a manual, let me know.

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the help and hospitality of specs! Now I feel welcomed to these forums. ;)

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have access to Michelle and All Data, So as long at it isn't too big I will upload a htm file for the info and post the link, if you want to know a million thing it will be worth going and buying a book
Ok I got all torque specs for steering and suspension. Plus some describtions for them as well take a look I was bored hope it is close to what you needed, I am half asleep. Haven't slept for two days
http://www.4shared.com/file/25615308/919da65b/97_Yukon.html

Last edited:

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That will definitely help, if you have alldata at your disposal, could I also get front and rear brake (caliper to hub, and other ones needed for rotor/pad replacement) torque specs? MUCH appreciated.. I found the manual(s) to buy for $119, though I am just cheap...

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kk give me time and I will save those specs and upload them. But check all those htm files in the zip. I did think brake torque specs were in one of those file. but if not I will look for them and Upload the file for you

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Thanks! That will definitely help, if you have alldata at your disposal, could I also get front and rear brake (caliper to hub, and other ones needed for rotor/pad replacement) torque specs? MUCH appreciated.. I found the manual(s) to buy for $119, though I am just cheap...

Front/rear calipers
Mounting bolt and sleeve assemblies
Tighten mounting bolt to 38 lb. ft.
Brake hose to caliper.
Tighten brake hose bolt to 33 lb. ft.

Rear drums
Backing plate
Tighten bolts to 52 ft. lbs.
Wheel cylinder
Tighten bolts to 15 ft. lbs.
Inlet pipe
Tighten brake pipe fitting to 13 ft. lbs.

Last edited:

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but here's a 'wrench in the plan'.... I forgot to add, the brake torque specs are for my wife's daily driver, the 2004 Mazda Mazda6 s [3.0L V6] :)

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Yeah, but here's a 'wrench in the plan'.... I forgot to add, the brake torque specs are for my wife's daily driver, the 2004 Mazda Mazda6 s [3.0L V6] :)
Rear assembly
341f2689.gif

Front assembly
a5627fea.gif

jetfxr27

Reaction score
WOW. I have never seen Manuals that Nice. Where can a regular Joe get this info? I work on Airplanes and our manuals are very in depth. I assumed with autos I was stuck with that S*** from Autozone.

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have access to two over the web that you have to pay for the licence to use it. One is alldata and the other is mitchell 1. To expensive if you just a regular person and not using it everyday.

INHUMANITY

Reaction score
I have access to Michelle and All Data, So as long at it isn't too big I will upload a htm file for the info and post the link, if you want to know a million thing it will be worth going and buying a book
Ok I got all torque specs for steering and suspension. Plus some describtions for them as well take a look I was bored hope it is close to what you needed, I am half asleep. Haven't slept for two days
http://www.4shared.com/file/25615308/919da65b/97_Yukon.html
I grabbed a copy too.

Thanks for sharing! :)

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem with the data, if it is something I can copy, save, then upload to a link in a short amount of time I am glad to do it :p

Hoov99Tahoe

Reaction score
I just bought my service manuals for my Tahoe from Books4cars.com - they had just about anything i could imagine there. You might want to give that a try.