Would love some input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the engine is gonna be out I am gonna do headers and new exhaust, I don't want loud but I do want high flow. Anyone have any ideas??

I am also gonna do extras like brush guard and new step bars. Anything else can people think of that would be a decent extra for looks and style?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
If you want minimal noise with maximum exhaust flow, i would do a true dual system to help the flow with 3-chambered mufflers. The 3-chambered or similar style will minimize the noise, and the dual setup will help offset the restriction from the multi-chambered mufflers.
How much more performance are you looking to get out of the LT1? This would be a perfect oppurtunity to do a cam swap while the motor is out. And change the timing gears/chain to a dual roller set while you're changing the cam. The right cam will get you a lot more torque and some more hp.

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not looking to get crazy right now. After all it is a truck not a sports car. I want to be able to speed on the highway and dig though the snow in the winter. I would rather improve the handling and look before I put money in this engine. I will in the future build one for the truck, but not right now. But you have got me thinking of just swapping cams, that is quick and easy since it is out. I am already changing the timing belt and water pump since the motor is gonna be out anyway

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I am not looking to get crazy right now. After all it is a truck not a sports car. I want to be able to speed on the highway and dig though the snow in the winter. I would rather improve the handling and look before I put money in this engine. I will in the future build one for the truck, but not right now. But you have got me thinking of just swapping cams, that is quick and easy since it is out. I am already changing the timing belt and water pump since the motor is gonna be out anyway

I was suggesting a cam that has a profile grind made for more torque rather HP. It'll help you run through that snow up there, especially if you plan on larger tires. That sounds like it would be fun. Wish it snowed here in Tx. I miss the snow.

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohio guy here... don't miss the snow.. ever... don't miss seeing the effects of salt, as well as that 'liquid alternative' many counties are using that creates MORE havoc on the underside of the cars/trucks up here... Just from shopping for a race car chassis now and again, and having to look to the south for bodies that haven't been plagued from the salt.. it is annoying that is for sure.

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain I am in Lima right now. But will start pricing cams and look to see what is around and prices for the motor and so fourth. I will make up my mind cause since the motor is out might as well do something.