finally got my tahoe! air intake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fkncrz

Reaction score
after three years of searching, i finally got the tahoe i wanted.
2 door, 2 wheel drive. since im in canada, thats pretty hard to come across, had it shipped here.
my question was regarding the k&n intake kit. any comments on this product would be greatly appreciated!
one other thing, has anyone ever seen a center console for the the tahoe?

Last edited:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DEFINATELY get the K&N you will not regret it! It adds horsepower and torque, and keeps all the dirt out!! If you want a center console Id say check out ebay I've seen a few on there. Good Luck:

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ebay sells some custom kits that use aluminum pipe and a genuine k&n filter. i assume they would be just as good and for less than half the price i might actually buy one myself!

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ebay sells some custom kits that use aluminum pipe and a genuine k&n filter. i assume they would be just as good and for less than half the price i might actually buy one myself!

I've seen those, they look a little sketch... :skep: You never know with that kind of stuff from Ebay... :Chevy:

SPXTrader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Metal pipe attracts and holds heat. Aluminum will help some, but still not as good as CF. CF is the best, if you can find/afford it. I've had the K&N kit on mime for about 9 years now, and am perfectly satisfied.

crazycd1

Reaction score
Are you guys just getting a K&N and throwing it in the stock airbox, or using the K&N cold air "kit"?

SPXTrader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FIPK...or FPIK...I can't remember which...anyway it's the full kit with the air box separator...

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, it's the FIPK, the K&N filter alone is better than stock, but doesn't really do much, adds maybe 1hp, the full kit really makes a difference. :Chevy: