Oil Cooler lines leaking again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kastiron

Reaction score
I have needed to replace the leaking oil cooler lines on my 99 tahoe twice already. Now it looks like they are leaking once again. (172k miles)

Anyone else having similar luck with them? Maybe there is an aftermarket line that I should consider?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Is it leaking at the fittings? Are you using hard or rubber lines?

kastiron

Reaction score
I admit, I just peeked under and assumed. Shows what that does... THe mechanic found it was not the oil cooler lines this time but one of the power steering pressure lines that were covered in fluid. He could not get the actual leak to show up, so he just cleaned up the mess and refilled the fluid. This guy isn't much for replacing parts when he can't tell exactly which one is failing. I let him talk me out of "just replace both of them".

Watching it for now, glad it wasn't the oil cooler lines again.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, I have a 99 yukon and my high pressure steering hose just pooped. i went to the parts store and they sold me the wrong hose. When you go to get your hose, have them check the 98 'standard' hose for you. or if possible take the old hose with you. it'll save you a trip. after that, the install is fairly easy with just the 2 fittings to take out. My truck was some weird half-year, though.. if your steering is struggling at super slow turning speeds, those were the symptoms i had... plus the spots of fluid all over my driveway.

Pete