How do I remove the center console of my 1999 Yukon Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to find my malfunctioning Bose power amp that runs the front speakers. To save money I want to remove it and replace it myself instead of having the dealer do it. I have been told that the amp is located under the cetner console, between the two front seats.

How do you get the center console off? I dont see any visible screws.:confused2:

your thoughts are appriciated.

Thanks,
Pete

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try pulling the liner and cup holder out of the console itself. They should pull lift right out. The screws should be underneath there. That is how they are on my 99 LT and i would assume it is the same.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right on thanks. I'll try that tomorrow. Stereo buddy is stoppin by to help me. thanks, Ill let you know how it goes.:yesnod:
Pete

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you were right. when I lifted up the center console storage-door, there were 2 screws and there were also 2 screws in the cupholders, under the rubber thing.

I was after my power amp for the front speakers, but it wasnt in there.
The console comes out easily and went back in with troubles.

Thanks for the information, now im off to the power amp thread to see if someone can help me find it.
Pete

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Check behind the glovebox. Some of the factory amps in these trucks were mounted there.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that would be a spot I HAVENT looked yet.

Any ideas on how the glove box area comes apart?
I really think this thing might be in the back quarterpanel on the passenger side...(the opposite compartment as the jack and tools) But thats another post I have also..

Thanks for your input, I appriciate your help,
Pete

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:skep: ok I got the glove box area apart, and this power amp is not located in there. Im going for it in the back , across from the jack/hand tools compartment.

Thanks for your replies,
Pete

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Hmmm... just a few minutes I finished a job on a 99 4wd Yukon and the amp was behind the glovebox. Not sure what constitutes the various amp locations on these yet. I have seen both Bose and non-bose in different locations.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok I looked in the area opposite the jack compartment, and it wasnt in there. sooooo. yeah. I have a friend getting the location from alldata and I will post that as soon as he .pdfs it to me. Im beginning to think i should just have Circuit City put all new audio gear in there.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure the amp is located under one of your seats, bro. most likely the driver's seat.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i wish it was that easy. I checked all the places that it could be including under the seats... and unless this )(*(_$#@! thing is disguised as a seat motor, i dont see it..:skep:

but thanks for replying :)