New Owner 94 Yukon and New member here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdsonic

Reaction score
Hello all I just bought a 94 yukon 2 door in absolute perfect condition 75k miles. First thing is to update the audio but how are people doing it? It has the radio section seperate and the Eq/Cassett seperate. Any experience and or tips would be helpful.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Cool. Welcome! The two doors are nice.
The stereo in your truck has three main sections. You have the control unit in the dash above the HVAC controls. The actual tuner box underneath the dash to the right of the accelerator pedal. And then the aux EQ/cassette portion in the center of the dash. There are companies that make dash kits to fit an aftermarket head unit in place of the stock eq/cassette section. You have to unplug the harness and antenna from the silver box underneathn the dash and pull the harness and antenna up to the center portion where your new radio will be. The trim around the center of the dash with the vents and eq unsnaps from the bottom and pulls down from the top. Then you can remove the screws that hold in the eq.
You'll need a wire harness and antenna adapter as well a dash kit to install a new stereo.

mdsonic

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, I was wondering how I was going to do that, so the radio portion will stay just inoperable?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, I was wondering how I was going to do that, so the radio portion will stay just inoperable?

The control unit in the dash will be inop, as it controls the actual "radio" under the dash that you'll have to unplug. But there is a part that can go in place of that while you are doing the install. It is a pocket that you can store stuff in instaed of looking at a non-functioning display and set of buttons in your dash. You can get all the parts at most car audio retailers.