new and need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slimspliff

Reaction score
hey all. I've got a 96 tahoe ls. i love it so far. lately i've been having a problem tho. at around 50mph the acceleration lags a little. it's seems like it's not getting enough air like it's cutting out. I had a problem with it when i bought it last november but i replaced the fuel filter and its been great since till just recently. has anyone else expeirenced the same problem. any suggestions are appreciated
thx

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry fellas -- WELCOME! [Lots of the action is in the 2000-2006 and 2007+ subforums...we're a good bunch of GM fans tho, regardless of year!]

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all. I've got a 96 tahoe ls. i love it so far. lately i've been having a problem tho. at around 50mph the acceleration lags a little. it's seems like it's not getting enough air like it's cutting out. I had a problem with it when i bought it last november but i replaced the fuel filter and its been great since till just recently. has anyone else expeirenced the same problem. any suggestions are appreciated
thx

Slim, I'm sure you also checked the air filter? Maybe you've got some condensation in the fuel system due to cooler weather (i.e. fall)? I'd check the air cleaner and possibly try a fuel additive. I've heard especially that the 94-99's have had issues with fuel pumps and filters... Sorry I can't help more; I'm sure someone around here has some good suggestions that'll help!

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well welcome to the sight. now about you problem, Could be a bad sensor somewhere. does it only happen while moving and at highway speeds.