Exhaust Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTZJoe

Reaction score
I'm curious too.

The first thing I thought when I picked mine up was "what a cheesy muffler/tailpipe". My wife drives an Infinity FX45 with 4" pipes, and my '05 Corvette has 4 3" pipes. Everyone's emphasizing the tailpipes now, they DO improve the look from behind. How come we got left out?

It does sound a bit better though, than my 2001 Tahoe. I opened 'er up one night while getting on the highway. It's a nice deep but exotic-sounding rumble. Could sound better though if it was a bit louder.

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the Chevrolet Forums to see some posts on exhaust. http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_7725/tm.htm There are a few cat backs systems out there and they cost a lot. I'm going to buy a Magnaflow muffler to replace the huge restrictive one. That nasty resonator sticking out has to go as well. Ahhh, a new Tahoe to mod!!

joe511s

Reaction score
Corsa makes a couple for the 07's SPORT #14207 or TOURING #14208 versions. I think I will try one out in a few months

Captjreed

Reaction score
Kick up the radio and dontl; worry about it. If you want stereo pipes, get the 500hp vette. Anything els is kinda a waste of time and money. . . .except for tinting the front doors and eyebrow windshield. IMHO

LTZJoe

Reaction score
Captjreed said:
... If you want stereo pipes, get the 500hp vette. Anything els is kinda a waste of time and money. . . .

Well, I wouldn't exactly call my 400hp Vette a waste of money, but I'd sure like to feel the rumble in the seat of my pants in the Tahoe too.

rueg10

Reaction score
we eliminated the rear resonater and cut the tailpipe shorter so that you cannot see it... also painted the pipe black to help hide it. then, we replaced the muffler with a magnaflow (designed for suv)... nice sound overall, not too loud.

drs66

Reaction score
i had a custom flowmaster exhaust built for my 07 ltz. dual black tips straight out the back.. will post pics when i get a chance to take some...

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exhaust

GM makes 2 of their own cat-back versions as well. Copied this from the http://www.gmaccessories-direct.com/ site. Search by brand and model:

"The GM Performance Exhaust System is constructed of T-304 stainless steel with mandrel bent tubing and features semi-polished S-type mufflers with two distinctive sounds: the Touring System has a "throaty purr", while the Performance System gives the truck an "aggressive growl". Unique to the GM Performance Exhaust System are adjustable and interchangeable, fully-polished exhaust tips that proudly display the Chevy Bowtie or GMC logo."

Around $500 + shipping, looks like it doesn't include the tips. Maybe when I'm bored.

ohmslaw

Reaction score
Flows

I added flowmaster 50 series muffler with dual 2 1/2 pipes exiting oppsite side in back. Get pics when i get a chance. Sounds great not too loud but has that distinct flowmaster tone. Noticed a bit of performance difference.

whitakerle

Reaction score
Love to see pics

Hey everyone I'd love to see the pics on the work ya'll have done. If you could shoot em my way that would be great. Thanks!

yukonlover85

Reaction score
no to bust anyones bubble but my friend works at GM and now any aftermarket exhausts besides GM's will void your warrenty.

drs66

Reaction score
yukonlover85 said:
no to bust anyones bubble but my friend works at GM and now any aftermarket exhausts besides GM's will void your warrenty.

that is simply not the case... maybe the exhaust gasket failure or something minute like that, but not the entire vehicle.
also, i talked to a GM service manager and he said your friend does not know WTF he's talking about...

* this is directly from FAQ section of GM warranty information page.
How do I modify my vehicle? Will it void the warranty?

General Motors offers accessories designed for your vehicle and warranted by General Motors. Other accessories or other modifications to the vehicle might affect your vehicle. If they cause damage to the parts of the vehicle manufactured by General Motors, your New Vehicle Warranty might not cover the repairs.

Last edited:

drs66

Reaction score
have not heard any sound bites but it does sound really really good... from my experience you can't really get a good understanding of what it will sound like from a sound bite anyway.. it always sounds a lot better when you hear it in person.

ciao.

ohmslaw

Reaction score
drs66 said:
have not heard any sound bites but it does sound really really good... from my experience you can't really get a good understanding of what it will sound like from a sound bite anyway.. it always sounds a lot better when you hear it in person.

ciao.

Try Flowmasters web site they have some close sound bites...................

tahoedad

Reaction score
exhaust

I have the GM perfomance exhaust on my new LTZ. Was a dealer mod I added when I purchased. It sounds really good, I get lots of reaction from people who ride in it.

It looks really good too as GM has a really good looking exhaust tip.