new here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm stationed in lil rock, ar but my home is in ba
so hopefully i will be an owner of a '99 Tahoe 4x4 LS very soon. can anyone give me some things to watch out for in that year, the Tahoe i'm trying to chase down just recently put in a brand new 5.7 vortec he also has the receipt and new water pump, injectors, belts and some other stuff to go with it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the welcome mike and kenny for the help..
i sold my bike this week and i'm gettin the loan tomorrow and buying the truck on sat. :Chevy:

Since you're going from a bike to a Tahoe, the main thing to watch out for is gas stations, :lol: . That's quite a change in fuel economy.

bigrick2179

Reaction score
ok

ok seriously watch out for the evo sensor causes steering to be jerky in turns and scares the s**t out of u just keep in mind if it happens everyone will try to sell u a new steering gear box but its really a 30 dollar part under the dash hope this helps u

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok seriously watch out for the evo sensor causes steering to be jerky in turns and scares the s**t out of u just keep in mind if it happens everyone will try to sell u a new steering gear box but its really a 30 dollar part under the dash hope this helps u

evo sensor? I've not heard of this problem, and a search on "evo sensor"brings up nothing. I always thought the jerky steering was caused by the short wheel base.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks kilz. I learned something new today, does that mean I can take the rest of the day off? lol.