'03 Yukon fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AL_Yukon

Reaction score
Guys, I just joined to help my dad with his '03 Yukon. I've had great experience with forums when working on my Ram and hope to have the same here.

My parents '03 Yukon died with out any warning while my mom was driving. They thought it just ran out of gas but it still didn't run after adding some. I told them they needed to let the pump run for a few minutes since it was empty but still no luck so they towed it to the local dealer. The dealer just called to say the fuel pump was the problem and it would be $980 to replace. Wow, $1k for a new fuel pump so I hope to find out how hard it is to replace my self. I found on the older models you have to drop the tank but one person said some of the new models have an access hatch inside the cabin.

Anyone know how to replace the fuel pump on an '03 Yukon? If so please provide details.

I also found a few posts talking about a service bulletin related to the wiring on the fuel pump but couldn't find any specifics or the years affected. Can anyone provide any details?

Last, I'm looking for suggestions on where to buy the new pump. GMC price is $500 and Auto part store has one for $275. Is there that much difference in the two pumps?

Thanks
Shawn

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you have to drop the tank to replace the pump. And the only TSB I know of is replacement of the fuel pump connector. It affected 96-03 Tahoes and 96-01 Yukons, so it looks like your Yuke is in the clear.