changing XM to Sirius on 07 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eudaman

Reaction score
i dont think there is a way yet developed for the 07's....but if im wrong, please inform me of how we can change to sirius using the tahoe nav/radio unit.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you buy an adapter harness I am sure and then use the head unit. I know the Hummer guys are doing this now.

Search google for Sirius Adapter and or Harness + Tahoe

Dave1441

Reaction score
This may be just a rumor but I heard that XM may merge with Sirus or one of them will take the other one over. Then there will be no need to change anything and either system will recieve the others stations

Last edited:

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the moment, there is no conversion kit available for the '07 Tahoe. This is primarily due to the new head unit design in the 07's. But count on something being released in the very near future. As far as I know the Directed Electronics SIR-GM1 is the only conversion kit available at the moment for GM vehicles, and it is not compatible with the new style head units Fortunately, you can use an external tuner like the Sportster and the AUX input on the radio, and not have to rely on an FM modulator option.

Last edited:

DeFester

Reaction score
Yes, i have an 08, and there is no conversion kit yet.

What I did was just get a sirius radio installed -- and kept the XM, so now i have both

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing this as well. Could you take the wire from the satellite antenna to the sirius player and then hook the sirius player to your aux input?? I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this without making any "permanent" changes just in case they come out with something with the merger.