damn trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so im driving to work this morning when a big rig blows a tire in front of me sending a peice right into my drivers side headlight!:mad2: had to drive down i-45 at 230am with one HL and my fogs.. when i got to work i pulled the headlight out real quick and noticed that only the coil in the bulb was broken, is there anything i should be weary of?

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have took down the license plate number and gotten him to pull over. I know in Jersey if that happens, the trucking company's insurance company has to pay to fix the damage.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Should have took down the license plate number and gotten him to pull over. I know in Jersey if that happens, the trucking company's insurance company has to pay to fix the damage.

Wish that was the case here in Tx. A lot of the trucks have signs that say Stay Back 200 Ft. Not Responsible for any Damages.

Hoebag, At least there was no damage other than the bulb.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that i have found yet, im about to go look, will let you know if there is anything else (not that it would matter anyway, its not like the trucker will pay for it)​

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its all good....

ok it was just the bulb, i didnt know that an impact could break the coil inside the bulb like that

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish that was the case here in Tx. A lot of the trucks have signs that say Stay Back 200 Ft. Not Responsible for any Damages.

Hoebag, At least there was no damage other than the bulb.

i wish it was like that her in va too, i remember that in texas, basicly YOUR FAULT FOR FOLLOWING ME, in texas, in va you have to prove you were back 200 ft which required 3 other people that saw it, and if your lucky a camera, its easier just to replace the window, and some even say keep back 300 ft and not responcible for broken windows, i have replaced my yukon window three times, two definitly not my fault, the first two times were when idiots in lawn mowers (tuners) tried to pass me in the gravel sholder and kicked up rocks that craked it :mad2: :mad2: :mad: :cuss: :cuss:, this happend twice, it all happens too quickly to get plate NUMbers, third time i was off road and ran right into a tree branch and put a big spider crack right in the winshield, thankfully the only thing i wrecked.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
ok it was just the bulb, i didnt know that an impact could break the coil inside the bulb like that

Usually not, but since the lights were on, the filament is hot, it's very brittle at this stage. Glad to hear there was no other damage.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought some xenons, they were only 25 so well see how that works out:confused2:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats good everything is o.k. Here in California the truck companies will pay for the damage, fortunately (knock on wood) Ive never had any damages from tires blowing next to me, and one blew about a foot away from and went straight into the side of my truck! I pulled over and checked it out and there wasn't even a scratch (knock on some more wood). My friend just had a mudflap fly from a truck straight into the front of his Denali, it smashed the GMC logo into the grill, and pretty much f-ed up the grill. He chased down the truck and got the guy to pull over and got all the info from him, and then drove back and got the mud flap for evidence (if needed), and the truck company is paying to fix the damage! :Chevy: