New to Forum- already modding, HELP???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cafishel

Reaction score
Hello. New to the forum. I have had my silver '04 Z71 Tahoe for a little over a month. Was a Jeep girl & the husband is so proud of himself because he finally converted me. Have to say- I think I love it!

Anyhow- never been a "stock" rig gal... so already scoping out grill & wheels. 1st thing I did was 15% tint- clear windows HAD to go!;) Don't have the best pix of the Tahoe right now- it's silver & some pix attached.

I don't want a "pimp ride"... I want a clean looking rig that is a little on the stocky side. I'm a horse girl so want it to look like a rig you can use. Looking at MAYBE going with some black to break up the silver a tad.

#1. Looking at doing either 18 or 20's (suggestions???) and between 2 different options for wheels- attached (suggestions???).

#2. Going to change out the stock painted grill for chrome & Husband wants me to get a Street Scene Speed Grill (pix attached of black rig).

Any suggestions or pix would be MUCH appreciated!!!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Nice choice for your first non-Jeep vehicle:thumbsup: You did the right thing.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!! Like JK said you definately made the right choice in your first non-Jeep vehicle!! As far as the mods go, I would definately go with the gril, that aways makes the truck stand out. With the wheels I would suggest staying away from any wheels that are black or have black on them, I have seen silver cars with black (or chrome-black) rims and they do not look good! Once again welcome!!! :Chevy:

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome! :D i LOVE the SS bumper cover, and am planning on getting one as well.

cafishel

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses!!! Much appreciated...

Hey Everyone. Thanks for the responses. I love everyone's rigs.. definately inspiring!!! It's nice to see so many nice vehicles in one place & have such an amazing resource!!!

I appreciate the input regarding wheels & grill inserts. If anyone has further suggestions I'd love to hear... I'd love all the pix you have too! Looking forward to personalizing a little. I'm REALLY glad to have a car I can love & will love me back with dependability!!!

Hubby is a Chevy guy tride & true (98 Silverado & 01 Vette). Again- he's so proud of himself that he converted me... BUT- considering he really did have my best interests at heart, he sure likes to drive it!!! :giggling: My Jeep Gr Cherokee was really was a nice rig- tint, wheels, pristine... just the way I wanted & cried when I let it go. But at 84k miles it had all the Jeep bugs/electrical issues they have become famous for. Couldn't allow it to suck me dry- lesson learned obviously!

Thanks again!

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wasnt gonna say anything, but if your going to be using your hoe to pull the horse trailer into the mountains then i would not get 20's (17-18 i would say) unless you plan on a lift

cafishel

Reaction score
Thanks!!!

Sounds good. My original thought was to go 18" but then was thinking MAYBE 20's... definately on the fence.

I went 1" larger when I did my Jeep wheels and know I stepped up the tire size to fill the wheel well a little better (been so long don't remember tire size). That was the thought on the hoe but keep seeing everyone go WAY big & thought 20" might look nice.

What would the suggestion on tire size be if I stuck to 18"???