Does auto volume work with aftermarket head units?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy_K

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking at upgrading my stereo to an aftermarket head unit. I love the hell out of the auto volume though. Does it work with aftermarket units? It's not a deal breaker or anything but it would be cool to keep that feature.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
No it won't. That feature is built into the radio itself. But if you really like that feature, Pioneer makes a few models that feature ASL (automatic sound level, which is their version of Delco's SVC), so you might want to look at some of their head units.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was one of the downsides to switching to an aftermarket stereo, I really like the auto volume, but when I put a new head unit and speakers in the quality was so much better that I completely forgot about it, and half the time don't turn up the volume when I drive. Be careful to not rev the engine quickly then back off suddenly when driving, I made this mistake and the auto volume reacted and pretty much blew out my speakers. :Chevy: