HID Retrofits...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gapxguy

Reaction score
Has anyone done an HID retrofit on their Tahoe? I'm thinking of either buying a set of clear lense headlights and retrofitting OEM HID projectors in there, or getting aftermarket Tahoe projector headlights and using a PNP HID kit.

Has anyone done either of these? TIA.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
There's a few people here with HIDs and aftermarket projectors. Do a search and you should be able to pull up a few threads, some with pics. I have aftermarket projectors and HIDs on my Tahoe as well.
And welcome to the board.

gapxguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I've tried searching but come up with nothing. "HID", "retrofit", etc. Is there something wrong with the search? If you can show me the results it would save me a lot of time. Thanks!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I've tried searching but come up with nothing. "HID", "retrofit", etc. Is there something wrong with the search? If you can show me the results it would save me a lot of time. Thanks!

Hmm...you're right about HID not pulling up anything. Type in Projector and it will pull up posts about projectors and HIDs.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey JK-
when you put the HIDs in your projectors, where the bulbs to long? other then the hight temp iheard this might be a problem

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Hey JK-
when you put the HIDs in your projectors, where the bulbs to long? other then the hight temp iheard this might be a problem

Mine fit just fine as far as length is concerned. I had to modify it just a bit to get a 9006 to seat properly though because the projectors came with a different type bulb.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what did you have to modify? the bulb or the housing? and which part (in case you cant tell im going to do this myself) if you could make a write up I know I would appreciate it! plus i think many other people would be interested.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
what did you have to modify? the bulb or the housing? and which part (in case you cant tell im going to do this myself) if you could make a write up I know I would appreciate it! plus i think many other people would be interested.

I had to modify the actual housing where the bulb seats. It wasn't much. Just a little trim for the three tabs that the 9006 style has. You'll have a much better idea when you actually see it. When you get ready to install yours, let me know if you have any questions.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
gapxguy, have you had any luck finding what you were looking for?