White Grill Emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can purchase a White Grill Bowtie Emblem?
Need some help finding it?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Good luck. I searched forever for a black one and the only ones I could find were billet aluminum in either brushed or polished finishes. I finally got tired of looking and removed the bowtie and painted it myself. It would be nice if you find a resource though.

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just painted my GMC emblem White to match my Denali. Came out good, super easy to do also. :cheers:

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck. I searched forever for a black one and the only ones I could find were billet aluminum in either brushed or polished finishes. I finally got tired of looking and removed the bowtie and painted it myself. It would be nice if you find a resource though.

JK, What did you use to paint the Bowtie? Was there any Prep?

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BowBieBandit, What did you use to paint the Bowtie? Was it hard?

I also painted mine, to prep just take some alchohol clean it, then take some sandpaper to it to ruff up the surface, then spray about 2-3 layers and wait to dry. When it is dry clearcoat it, wait for that to dry than use superfine sandpaper on it, then clearcoat it 2 more times. When the clear is dry just wax, MAKE SURE YOU PUT WAX ON IT!!!! Mine came out perfect, you can't even tell I painted, I've had a few people ask me where I purchased it. Good Luck! :Chevy:

yaba94070

Reaction score
i had my emblem made for my colorado back in 05... you have to make it custom... theres a site that sells them in colors and i bout it but the fit was insanly ****ty... so i threw it away... sry i forgot the site but im jsut letting you know what i did..

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya my Yukon is the carbon metallic color.. I just took of the GMC emblem tapped off the chrome (which was a little time consuming--but worth it) and did pretty much exactly what crazy defense said. pretty simple really and worth your time. I didn't put the wax on it though and haven't had problems with it... how necessary?

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also painted mine, to prep just take some alchohol clean it, then take some sandpaper to it to ruff up the surface, then spray about 2-3 layers and wait to dry. When it is dry clearcoat it, wait for that to dry than use superfine sandpaper on it, then clearcoat it 2 more times. When the clear is dry just wax, MAKE SURE YOU PUT WAX ON IT!!!! Mine came out perfect, you can't even tell I painted, I've had a few people ask me where I purchased it. Good Luck! :Chevy:

Yup, that's pretty much how I did it. I bought the paint from www.automotivetouchup.com, to exactly match the factory color. I just taped off the chrome, sanded the rest of it until it was no longer shiny, sprayed adhesion promoter, 3 coats of color, 3 coats of clear, a little wax, & it's good to go. :Chevy:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's pretty much how I did it. I bought the paint from www.automotivetouchup.com, to exactly match the factory color. I just taped off the chrome, sanded the rest of it until it was no longer shiny, sprayed adhesion promoter, 3 coats of color, 3 coats of clear, a little wax, & it's good to go. :Chevy:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :Chevy:

Ya my Yukon is the carbon metallic color.. I just took of the GMC emblem tapped off the chrome (which was a little time consuming--but worth it) and did pretty much exactly what crazy defense said. pretty simple really and worth your time. I didn't put the wax on it though and haven't had problems with it... how necessary?

I would highly reccomend waxing it, it provides another layer on top of the clear coat, without the wax it is easier for the clear to start to chip/peel. :Chevy: